Take a tour of our cattery. (Watch video.)
Take a tour of our cattery.
About the Cattery
For our special older guests we have the option of a double-width space which offers room to move without the need to jump and climb.
How much does it cost?
Single cat $27.00 per night
Two cats together $46.50 per night
Cat requires medication $30.50 per night
Does my cat need to be vaccinated?
If there is a problem with your cat’s vaccine records your cat may not be able to be admitted, or in some cases will be placed in isolation.
When do I pick up and drop off my cat?
Monday – Friday 8.30am-1.00pm and 2pm-5.30pm
Please allow 5-10 minutes to complete the necessary paperwork when dropping off your pet.
What do you feed my cat?
Does my cat get exercise or mingle with other cats?
Only cats from the same family will be housed together, if requested.
Can you give my cat their meds?
We sure can! And you’ll have the added peace of mind of having a vet on site should your pet require any medical attention. For all pets on medication, we do require a recent veterinary history outlining their condition and all medication must be in its original packaging with the vet’s label applied. There is an additional fee of $3.50 per day for cats requiring medication. Unfortunately we are unable to board diabetic cats.
My cat is not desexed. Can they still board?
My cat is over 14 years old? Will they be ok?
What happens if my pet gets sick?
I've come home early – can I pick up my cat straight away?
Monday – Friday: 8.30am-1pm, 2pm-5.30pm
Click here to see our full terms and conditions
Terms and conditions of stay at Kew Cattery.
We take your cat’s health and the health of our other guests very seriously.
- All cats must have a current F3 Vaccination. Proof of current status is required prior to admission and Kew Vet and Cattery reserves the right to refuse admission if this is not provided or vaccination status is not considered to be current by our staff.
- Kew Vet and Cattery is unable to board kittens who have not completed a primary vaccination course.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission to any cat showing signs of illness or infectious disease at time of admission.
- Un-desexed cats can not be boarded if over 5 months of age.
- Any cat showing signs of parasite infestation (fleas, intestinal worms, ticks) will be treated and the owner accepts the cost of this treatment.
- If an animal becomes ill during their stay, our staff will seek Veterinary advice and treatment. Clients accept all costs associated with Veterinary attention and treatment.
- In non urgent cases we will contact your emergency contact and arrange consultation and treatment at your own vet or Kew Vet (as per admission form)
- In an emergency situation, treatment will be initiated at Kew Vet until your pet is stable. We will then contact your emergency contact and arrange with them if necessary for your pet to be moved to your preferred Vet (If not Hawthorn East Vet or Kew Vet).
- If your emergency contact is not able to be contacted, treatment will be provided at owner’s expense at Kew Vet.
- It is a requirement of admission that a local emergency contact is provided with preferred method of contact.
- If an animal is not collected within 30 days of the end of the booking, and we are unable to reach the owner by phone or email contacts provided, the cat is considered to be abandoned and Kew Cattery will surrender the cat to the RSPCA or local animal pound.
- In the unlikely event of the death of your pet, we will contact your emergency contact and hold your pet’s body for further advice.
- All accounts must be settled before your cat is discharged.
- We charge per cat per night.
- Our fees are subject to change without notice.
- Additional charges are incurred for administering medication, nail trims, isolation facilities or any Veterinary treatment incurred.
- For peak periods, (Christmas/New Year, Easter, School holidays) a 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure the booking.
- A seven night minimum stay is required over the Christmas period.
- For early collection, we require 24 hours notice and clients will be charged for this notice period. During peak times or minimum stay periods, clients will be liable for the charge for entire booked period.
- We accept cash, EFTPOS and credit card. We do not accept cheques and do not run accounts.
- Clients are able to provide their own food for their cat, however due to extra work involved, there will be no discount provided for this. Standard Fees apply.
- Clients are welcome to leave personal belongings with their pets. Care and attention will be given to these, however Kew Cattery accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal belongings, including cat carriers.
- Clients understand that Kew Cattery is not staffed 24 hours a day.
- While Kew Cattery aims to provide a safe, stress free and welcoming home away from home for your pet, all owners understand and accept that boarding is entirely at the owner’s risk.
Single cat $28.50 per night
Two cats together $51.00 per night
Cat requires medication $32.00 per night
We don’t charge a premium for peak periods or public holidays but we do require a minimum 7-day stay over Christmas. 50% deposit is also required for Christmas and Easter bookings.
During peak periods a cancellation policy applies.
If cancelled with 2 weeks notice – Full refund given minus $40 deposit.
If cancelled with one weeks notice – Full refund given minus $60
If cancelled with less than one weeks notice – Deposit is non refundable.
Kew Vet & Cattery
Our team of professionals are here to help make pet care easy. If you have any questions or concerns about your pet's health, don’t hesitate to get in touch. We love talking about animals and we’re more than happy to help! If you would like to make an appointment you can book online or give us a call to arrange a suitable time.
Kew Vet & Cattery
13 Cotham Road, Kew, VIC 3101
Vet Opening Hours
Monday - Friday: 8am - 7pm
Saturday: 9am - 3pm
Cattery Opening Hours
Monday - Friday: 8.30am-1.00pm